Gareth Bale acknowledges feeling uneasy during his AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-am debut. Watch now
UK news today: The 33-year-old, Gareth Bale who announced his retirement from football last month, is a two-handicapper, and when playing for the La Liga giants, it was generally known that he loved golf.
But even he could sense the pressure as he started his first round at the PGA Tour competition on the Spyglass Hill course.
“I’m sure every novice will say that. Even if we are accustomed to competing on live television in front of 80,000 or more viewers, this is a very different sport, he noted after his round.
Even better came next at the second hole when he made an excellent par rescue from the greenside cart path by bouncing a chip up to three feet.
Bale continued, “I am more concerned about how I got there in the first place, but I assume a lot of amateurs find themselves in awkward situations.
“It was a terrific shot, but like most amateurs, I was just trying to play it into the bank and hope for the best.
It was pleasant to observe how neatly it rolled up.
“I was going to pick it up,” I said to my playing companion Joseph Bramlett, “but he made me putt because he said it would be one of the best up and downs.”
What will happen to Mason Greenwood’s Manchester United career now that the Crown Prosecution Service has dismissed the attempted rape and assault allegations against him on Thursday?
On January 22, 2022, at Old Trafford, the 21-year-old last donned a team uniform during a 1-0 victory over West Ham.
Later that month, he was taken into custody, and in October, he was charged with attempted rape, coercive behaviour, and assault causing actual bodily harm.
He refuted the allegations.
Mason Greenwood left the Manchester courtroom following a preliminary hearing in November.
Mason Greenwood’s attempted rape case has been dropped by the prosecution
The team may have mixed feelings about Greenwood’s return because he has spent more than a year out of the first team picture and is perhaps the most talented young footballer at United.
Despite being under contract until 2025 (the club has the option of another year) and a multimillion-pound asset, Greenwood is legally blameless, but United’s remark about his future indicates there is no assurance he will be welcomed back.
Manchester United takes note of the Crown Prosecution Service’s decision to dismiss all charges against Mason Greenwood.
The club will now carry out its own procedure before deciding what to do next.
We won’t say anything more till that procedure is finished.
Any prospective victims are always urged to come forward and contact the police, and we will file charges wherever the legal requirements are completed.
Lawfully speaking, Greenwood is innocent, but United’s stance on his future indicates there is no assurance that he will be.
“The club will now carry out its own procedure before deciding what to do next.
We won’t say further until that procedure is finished.
Greenwood, who has one England cap, was first detained in January following the publication of pictures and videos online that allegedly involved a young woman.
Within hours of the allegations being public, Greenwood was barred from participating in team activities at Old Trafford, including training. Read more .